Eyebrow Extensions - Before/After Precautions
Before Your Appointment
- Remove all make-up, including foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, eye creams, and eye serums.
- Clean brows gently but thoroughly before you arrive to remove any residual oils or mascara.
- Shower before your arrival.
- Do not apply heavy creams, lotions, or oils to your face within 48 hours prior to your eyebrow application.
- Do not receive chemical treatments to your eyebrows such as tinting within 48 hours prior to your lash application appointment.
- Consult with your Lashes Stylist if you have recently had any irritating eye area treatments such as skin resurfacing procedures, chemical peels, eyebrow waxing, laser treatments, or permanent makeup application. Recovery time varies with each procedure and individual.
After Your Appointment
- Avoid hot steam or water on the eyebrow area for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid putting any make up on the eyebrow area.
- Do not use oily products on the eyebrow area, this will soften the bond.
- Avoid shampoo or conditioner running over the eyebrow area.
- To wash your brows allow a light water stream to run through them without any rubbing and pat carefully with a towel to dry, or preferably air dry.
- Be careful when putting clothes over your head, that you don't pull at the eyebrow hairs.
- If you feel an itch, just press gently and the itch will subside - do not scratch or pick at the brows.
- If an eyebrow extension moves out of place gently push it back in the direction of the hair growth.
- Eyebrow mascara can be used to secure some brow hairs into place but ensure that it is non oily and use with care.
- Sauna or steam rooms can be attended but only after 24 hours from the treatment. Do not touch your brows while in the sauna or steam room.
- Any further questions? Contact us directly at 615-686-8433 or at Info@LoveSkinNashville.com