Waxing Services - Before/After Precautions
Before Your Appointment
- Do not shave or use hair removal products 2- 3 weeks prior to wax. Optimal hair length is a 1/4 inch.
- Exfoliate 48-72 hours prior to your appointment. This helps the hair come out easier, especially for first timers. Also, exfoliate between wax appointments, this will help prevent ingrown hairs. the more you wax the finer and weaker your hair will become; exfoliation will help those hairs not become ingrown.
- Wear loose clothing
- Do not use any lotions or oils on the skin prior to being waxed
- Do not consume alcohol or caffeinated beverages prior to your appointment. this can cause you to be more sensitive to pain.
- We will wax down there if it is "that time of month," all we ask is that you come clean and change in a new tampon before your appointment
After Your Appointment
- Avoid the excessive heat that may cause sweating and irritation such as the sun, saunas/ hot yoga, and and tanning .
- Avoid working out for at least 24 hours after your wax. Excessive sweating and friction can cause irritation and lead to ingrown hairs or infected hair follicles :(
- Do not exfoliate for at least 24 hours after your wax.
- Wear loose clothing to avoid rubbing that can cause irritation.
- Use a moisturizing cream like ingrown zone to reduce redness , soothe skin, and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Drink lots of water